SAINT PETER, MN- Senior Theresa Hanson realized while studying for finals around three this morning that Evanescence really spoke to her on a deep level. “I was just on Spotify, and a playlist I made in 8th grade came on, and all of a sudden the lyrics just hit me, and I was like ‘wow, I’m really feeling this right now.’”
The following is a compendium Theresa put together in order to procrastinate another assignment:
‘I can feel the night beginning.
Separate me from the living…
Piecing every thought together,
Find the words to make me better.’
– Do you hear that? They capture perfectly the hollow desperation I feel at three in the morning while I’m trying to write a paper due the next day. I feel both everything and nothing.”
‘Your face, it haunts my once pleasant dreams,
Your voice, it chased away all sanity in me’
– This is totally about my Senior Sem prof. His lectures haunt my every waking moment, it’s a never ending lecture on Systems Analysis.
‘I still remember the world
From the eyes of a child
Slowly those feelings
Were clouded by what I know now
Where has my heart gone
An uneven trade for the real world
Oh I… I want to go back to
Believing in everything and knowing nothing at all
– Oh my god. This is just me right now. Life was so much easier before I took Environmental History, and now there is nothing but pain. There is so much suffering… I am burdened by a knowledge I cannot escape, and I cannot fix.
‘Now I will tell you what I’ve done for you
Fifty thousand tears I’ve cried
Screaming, deceiving and bleeding for you
Maybe I’ll wake up for once (wake up for once)
Not tormented daily defeated by you
Just when I thought I’d reached the bottom’
– This is clearly about the paper I’m supposed to be writing.
‘Make me understand the lesson,
So I’ll find myself,
So I won’t be lost again.’
– I went to the tutors and just cried this at them for twenty minutes. I don’t get Stats.
‘Wake me up inside.’
–A classic, a real banger. It really puts voice to the void within me after not sleeping or leaving the library for the past four days. I’ve become numb to the world. Which reminds me, there are some Linkin Park songs that I could talk about as well.
Categories: CAMPUS NEWS